freelance web developer
Website development services for designers, marketing professionals and UK businesses.
bespoke, responsive, WordPress websites & front-end web development
Web development services
Bespoke WordPress websites
- Hand-crafted to your designer’s exact requirements – no cheap off-the-shelf templates.
- Optimised for fast loading – no bloat, just the stuff you need, streamlined and efficient.
- Custom plugin development – I build my own plugins to deliver bespoke functionality.
- Responsive layouts – your designs expertly converted so that they work across all devices.
- CSS3 animation – visual enhancements to make your website really shine.
- Serious about security – protecting your website, and your customer data.
- Ecommerce – custom online shops via WooCommerce
- Ongoing support – website, and software, maintenance plans are available.
Front-end web development
These are the fundamental tools of my trade. They enable me to deliver customised, well-optimised, user experiences, regardless of whether your website is built on a CMS or not.
I also do back-end development with Php and MySQL.
Though front-end development work forms a majority of the work that I take on.
I also offer the following additional services.
- Shopify websites – ecommerce websites built on the Shopify platform.
- Consultancy – technical consultancy on a per-hour basis.
A small selection of some of the recent websites that I have built.
(with credits to the site designers)
Why hire me?
An emphasis on service
Honesty and reliability are the backbones of the service I provide. You can be sure of a professional service at all times.
I have been a developer for more than 24 years, and have worked on websites for over 17 years.
All jobs costed in advance so you know exactly what you will be paying. Rates start from £32/hr.
I got my very first taste for programming as a kid over 30 years ago, but I still get exactly the same kick from solving a technical puzzle, or producing a great bit of digital work, that I’ve always had. In fact, it’s never been a more interesting time to be involved in digital development than it is today.
Back in the early days I worked on computer-based training, and then multimedia cd-roms, before the Internet took off. Since then I’ve worked as a web developer and development manager, before finally going freelance at the end of 2012.
Since going freelance I’ve worked in collaboration with a range of different people, agencies and businesses. And enjoy the freedom to really get to know and help other businesses to grow.
Not just through delivering contracts, but also in how I go about doing that. By providing a friendly, approachable service, in what can be a complex industry full of mind-numbing technical jargon, I can help to guide my clients through to successful outcomes.
My skills cover both, however I predominantly take on front-end development work as it’s what I enjoy most.
No, I do not consider myself a designer. I generally work with external designers so can recommend an associate if you are in need of design services.
This varies greatly, but it’s not uncommon for me to be booked up several weeks in advance . The best thing to do is simply contact me and ask.
Sorry, but I am unable to do this. I only work remotely.
My rates start from £30/hour but can be a little higher depending on the work required. All jobs are costed in advance and you will receive a full written quotation.
- The Hampshire and Isle of Wight Air Ambulance has just re-launched it’s branding, and as part of this exercise I was delighted to help out with the ... read more
- Last week I wrapped up work on a revamp of the smartdriverclub website, a site that is a promotional tool for the Smartplug™ tool that plugs into your car, ... read more
- This month I have completed the build of a new website for Ashley House, a provider of health and community care property solutions. The new design, ... read more